Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We walked into the outdoor theater that was inside



Wednesday, the 28th

          
I went to class yesterday, that suffices for this week…sorry Yeats, you do not interest me…neither do you Liam.  Let’s be real here, I went to Ireland to learn about Irish culture and such, how do you expect me to do this when I am congested with class, reading, and studying.  To me, this is ridiculous…I mean, this is a good justification, right Damien?  O, I forgot, you’re no fun.  Well, I woke up at noonish, dropped by campus, only for the internet of course, and then headed back to do laundry…I had 0 socks, and 1 pair of undies, even the Britain briefs were dirty…musta been a crazy week.  Washer worked, but some jack-off opened the dryer door while I was not in the room and my clothes did not dry at all…hang dry?  Luckily it’s not humid and raining here 88% of the time, so my clothes will dry quick…not.
            Whatever, were going to see a play tonight…at the Gougan Barra outdoor theater or something like that.  Honestly, I was not too excited to sit in the barf-bus for 2 hours, but once we arrived, it was worth the drive.  The restaurant and theater sat along a beautiful lake with towering mountains around it, centered by a block chapel.  Dinner was fancy…I could tell because they put little fruit things on my plate for decoration…in all honesty, why does a little red piece of fruit make my plate cost twice as much, you tell me.  Needless to say, it was tasty…and most everyone shared…but not all…you know who you are.
            One thing I have learned here, with all the tea and coffee they serve, is you can’t drink that sh*t fast…same goes for dark beer, but that’s a whole new story.  Mary Breen, you are a saint, but you can’t be rushin’ me to finish hot tea…this upset me.  It didn’t actually, but I bet Gabe was angered…Zeke for that matter too.  Whatever, we walked into the outdoor theater that was inside…I mean, I guess the theater was outside, making it an outdoor theater?  Let me know if you figure it out, but I am positive that it was indoors.  Let me preface this with the play title, The Last Gaelic Chieftan, which is about a Gaelic general who had his entire army destroyed but kept on truckin’.  Like the fort in Kinsale, he didn’t really win any battles though, and he killed his horses to make a boat, and the boat fell off a waterfall with 85 men in it…sounds like a great chieftain.  And one more thing…it’s a one man show…about an entire army of soldiers…felt like the performance in the Big Lebowski.  I slept through the first half, may or may not have drooled on myself, and eagerly walked outside for intermission…to be bitten by midgets.  No people, not little people, bugs called midgets, come on now.
            Second half of the play was cool…well at least less boring.  Alone, the actor re-enacted a battle scene…and to top it off wielded a sword in slow motion…apparently he cut a guy’s head off, but I couldn’t tell, one man shows don’t handle death of a character well.  All in all, the play was ok; most said bad, few said good.  Sorry Aiden O’Dooley, maybe next time.  On the way back, we entertained ourselves…minds out of the gutters folks.  It was only midnight when we got back…of course we’re goin’ out.
            What’s up An Brog again…hello Irish girls, I have a lot of trouble understanding you.  You seem nice, but I’ll stick with the American accent.  Dance floor is open…when in Rome.  The bar closed at 2am…so what else to do, back to the kebab joint…this time wearing pants to avoid the short-haters.  From here, we walked to St. Fin Barres cathedral, pretty sweet at night.  When I got back to the room, Amelia Bedilia was over and had scoured our supply of drunchy pasta on the stove.  Bedeeeelia, you’re breakin my heart…Pshhh 4:30, let’s make it 5:30…peace.

1 comment:

  1. That was NOT me who ate the pasta. I'd just like to point that out. I don't remember who did (it was probably Aaron), but it wasn't me. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :D

    ReplyDelete