Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It’s Tuesday night, you know what’s up…Bingo



Tuesday, the 27th

            Ladies, despite what your motives are, I did not wake up this morning and go to lecture just to sit and drool all over Liam and his shag carpet chest.  Aaron rode solo to class today, so I figured I better not let him get bored in class…so of course, I showed up, and in stride with the last 3 weeks…we titled our papers with “English Seminar 7” and wrote absolutely nothing below it…see Liam, that’s how much important stuff you say (see what I did there?).
            We got back around 1:30…O good morning Jay-bird, nice of you to get up!  With all due respect, Jay was up doing dishes.  And it is 99% likely, that like every other morning, we were doing the dishes of every other person in the apartment…housemates, if you read this, don’t lie.  After doing the mountain of dishes, we hopped on the bus and headed to the train station…Diana, you are in charge this time, we are not gonna miss any busses or trains, I will stay away from the time table.  Amelia and Liz accompanied as well, gotta have the Iowa constituents…represent?
            Ok, so by definition of alcoholic, you may think we are perfect candidates…as our next stop was the Jameson factory.  Sorry for partying, but this place seems legit.  There was an hour long tour that explained the entire whiskey making process, and now I see why American Whiskey tastes like absolute garbage…yet I still drink it, hmmm.  Well apparently I am not the only one who knows we have an affinity for consumption, as the tour guide picked Jay and me to taste test American, Scotch, and Irish whiskey.  This sounds pretty cool, Jay and I agree that a picture of this would be nice…and so did the dumb*ss Spaniard lady who hopped into every one of my frickin’ photos…and I have to live with these people for 4 months…o boy.
            After 3 free shots and a free mixed drink, the Jameson people push you into the gift shop…I see what you are doing here…I fell for it too…but, I spent under 6 Euros…so not too tricky of you, shoulda given me more…damnit, you got me Jameson.  We then headed back to the bus station, and in a starved state, we scoured for a quick food stop.  Remember last Saturday when I mentioned the 15 cent pizza, well this time, 4-star has a 2 for 1 pizza.  Amelia, that means one of the pizzas is free, like you don’t have to pay anything.  But Amelia doesn’t want 4-star pizza…maybe Amelia doesn’t have to come to the factory next time (inside joke, kind of).  Anyway, back on the bus, off to Panda Mama, the Chinese restaurant we have dreamed of for 2 weeks…o what’s up 18 dollar entrees, see ya later.  We bounced…to another Chinese place, with authentic Irish waitresses…this was worse than the Frenchy at the Irish fort, but you know me, food is food.
            Straight from this new place, we went to An Brog.  It’s Tuesday night, you know what’s up…Bingo.  It wouldn’t be a night if the UCC scholars didn’t dominate the boards.  In the same order, Jay wins 30 euro, Stephen wins 15, and Dan the Man wins 15.  Nothing new folks, we do this weekly.  In total, the three of us have pocketed 120 Euros in 2 nights, watch out Vegas.  Pints are cheap here too, can’t beat free money and cheap pints.  Mick V, you do us right.  An Brog busted into a dance floor again, and I obliged.  At 2am, I went with a character from a little story by John Mellencamp to Abrakebabra…Irish kebab place…is it cuz I’m drunk or is it cuz that this late night fast food place is good that I think this kebab tastes alright.  My drunchy partner kindly wiped off the gallon of grease that unknowingly dripped down my arm, while some crazy drunk lady chastised me for wearing shorts.  Back up lady, we will fight you, or at least Diane will.  Luckily, we didn’t scrap this dragon, and walked back to the apartments around 3, yet it was not until 4:30 that I went to sleep…frat, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment